10 Lucrative side hustles.
If you’re looking for ways you can earn a few extra bucks with a side hustle, you’d likely encounter hundreds of strategies for make some money. However, depending on your unique needs and your skills, earning a respectable amount of cash, and doing it quickly, might be well within your reach.
Side hustles are one of the best ways to increase your income so you can pay off debt, save up for a big purchase, grow your retirement savings, or reduce your financial stress.
That means you can use these side hustle ideas when…
- You’ve gotten so fired up about destroying your debt that you are ready to find a way to earn an extra $500-$1,500 per month to put towards it.
- You want to save up for a vacation that’s just a few months away.
- You’ve crunched the numbers for retirement and have realized the impact of adding a few hundred dollars more each month to your retirement fund.
And if you want to know what makes a side hustle a good one, I’ve got you…
The best side hustle ideas are flexible and pay well for the work you’re doing. I personally like the ones that are scalable (as in ones you can build into a much larger business), but not everyone is looking for a new career. In fact, if you’re just looking for something simple to make some extra money in your spare time, here are a few ideas.
- Blogging easily has the highest earning potential of anything on this list. I started this blog in my spare time after coming home from my job as a band director, and now I run a seven-figure business from my laptop just a few years later.
As a blogger, you’re in complete control of when you work, how you monetize your blog, and what you blog about.
I had no clue how life-changing my site would be. I’ve traveled a ton this past couple of years, my wife was able to retire early, and we both work from home now and choose our own schedules. That’s all because I had the wild idea to talk to people about their money.
This trajectory isn’t guaranteed with blogging, of course, but you get out of it what you put into it. You can grow your blog in the evenings, on your lunch break, and on the weekends.
2. Proofread for a living
If you cringe when someone uses the wrong verb tense or can’t tell the difference between their/there/they’re, proofreading might be one of the best side hustles for you to try. Proofreaders are responsible for polishing written content for bloggers, content writers, website owners, and more.
In fact, we even have a proofreader on staff here at M$M that edits every blog post that goes live on the site! I can tell you from experience that this flexible, high-paying side hustle is in demand at all times and can easily bring $1,000 or more per month from the comfort of your own home.
3. Drive for Uber or Lyft.
One of the most widely available ways for making money is to drive for Uber or Lyft. The sharing economy has quite literally exploded, and both Uber and Lyft are at the forefront. The best part? You can turn on and off your availability through these networks with the simple click of a button, effectively allowing you to make money no matter what time of day or night it is.
4. . Sell services on Fiverr.
Fiverr helped give birth to the Gig Economy. Although services start out at $5, some Fiverr sellers are earning six-figure-plus revenues annually. You can sell just about anything on this platform, but to succeed and become a Super Seller, you need to deliver massive amounts of value, even at those lower price-points.
5. Write an ebook.
I’ve long been drawn to the passive income supplied by creating an ebook and publishing an accompanied print-on-demand paperback. By using platforms like KDPand CreateSpace, both by Amazon, you can create an easily create and sell an ebook that costs nothing to produce, and a paperback that earns you money only when it sells, removing much of the prior friction it took to get published.
6. Use TaskRabbit. Task Rabbit lnks you up with people that are looking to complete specific tasks in your area. Tasks include things like lifting heavy furniture, assembling furniture and so on. You’ll need to register and get vetted but it’s a simple way you can make a bit of extra income.
7. Sell on CafePress. CafePress allows you to sell items that feature a digital design. If you’re a great graphic designer, you could create a number of designs that would fit different formats such as shirts, hats and cups, and earn a commission when they sell.
Although this isn’t the quickest way you can make money with a side income, creating YouTube tutorials can help you earn a respectable amount of income as long as what you deliver is engaging and keeps people interested for long enough. You could also use free tutorials to upsell viewers on products and services you might be offering.
9. Become an affiliate marketer.
Affiliate marketing is an extremely alluring industry. However, many affiliate marketers don’t make much money. If you have the skills it takes to succeed in this arena, you could quite literally make a small fortune. But be careful not to get drawn into pie-in-the-sky hopes or dreams of making money without putting in much effort.
10. Become a virtual assistant.
Virtual assistants are in high demand, but it only makes sense from an income standpoint if you have lots of free time and you’re very organized. It also doesn’t hurt to live in an area with a lower cost of living.